Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gnosticism in Attack on Titan
04-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Gnosticism in Attack on Titan
Hey guys, I know I haven't posted here forever. I've been very busy, with school (I graduated in December and am taking boards next week). But I'm doing well, and I hope to find that you all are also.

I thought I'd share this article that Miguel Conner was kind enough to publish for me at Aeon Byte.

http://thegodabovegod.com/gnostic-jesus-attack-titan/

Let me know what you think Wink I'll probably write some more for Aeon Byte, and once I'm done with boards I plan on putting something together on the Gospel of Judas. Anyway, I hope this message finds some of you.

Take care!
-brett

Hell is repetition...
04-06-2016, 05:57 PM
RE: Gnosticism in Attack on Titan
Hi! Great to see you again Smile And congrats on your graduation - and your posted article!
That show and it's relation to the dualistic aspect of Gnosticism sounds pretty cool. I would say that I quite agree with Philip's take on it:
“God created man. […] men create God. That is the way it is in the world – men make gods and worship their creation. It would be fitting for the gods to worship men!”

Being a fan of Canaanite/Ugarit/Ras Shamrah , I would stand fast to the idea that the original god El, known as the Kind and Compassionate, Father of Mankind (and all those other kind terms) was usurped in the writings by the judgy, angry harsher Yahweh.

But of course I realize that historical fact-ish stuff doesn't play well most times with the sort of allegorical myth that leads to inner realizations, development, change and growth...

Indeed for many we call Gnostic it was about escaping this material prison, and it's really neat to see this current of thought/idea find itself in so many mediums, expressing itself to us on a regular basis.

Very good writing, and thanks again for sharing it Big Grin

InTheWind
04-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Thanks a lot! It's very cool to me to see Gnosticism hidden within something as popular as AOT. (I'm borderline obsessed with that show for obvious reasons.) I feel like it's complete taboo to talk about religion anymore (I could have never got that article published at the last site I wrote for for instance), so to see Christ hidden in something like that is pretty incredible. I think that's something that elevates it well beyond entertainment.

It's good to hear from you again, as it feels like I've severely neglected this forum and the people here =) I'll try to stop by here more often. Are you on facebook or social media or anything where it would be easier to keep in touch?

Hell is repetition...
04-11-2016, 12:32 PM
I am on facebook yes! As well as G+, Twitter and some bloggy places. Big Grin - and really don't worry, forums all over seem to have slowed and this one, well it seems like SO much was said once. There were so many things to say, argue about and discuss and its like we blew a raging fire into nothing more than a tiny ember. Maybe thats the way it's supposed to be, I don't know. But Im glad SI is still here for us to use when it comes to mind.

InTheWind
04-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Yeah I remember there being a huge blowup about monism vs. dualism, that I absolutely never understood, and a bunch of people got their feelings hurt and left.

But at the same time I feel like the forum served a very important purpose for a period of time. I know this was a very important space for me to grow personally and spiritually. And I met quite a few people here, and still keep in contact with a few.

I found you on twitter but not on facebook. This is my FB page if you or anyone else wants to add me https://www.facebook.com/brett.strohl.9

I hope that links straight to my page Wink

Hell is repetition...
04-30-2016, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 01:42 PM by Sr.ShiloMichelle.)
Big Grin awesome! - just saw this post for some reason. And yeah it seems many forums have served their purpose - there are still amazing conversations and discussions that have transpired here however and from time to time i find myself coming back here and rereading a few of those to get a gleaning of something I'm pondering. (added you on FB btw)

InTheWind