Spiral Inward
Hi! New and quite confused! - Printable Version

+- Spiral Inward (http://spiralinward.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Seeking Gnosis (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Meet & Greet (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Hi! New and quite confused! (/showthread.php?tid=1226)

Hi! New and quite confused! - gingersquirrel - 11-30-2016 02:56 AM

Hi I'm Helen. I'm 38, from the UK, and new to Gnosticism. I'm quite confused about what it is - and what different Gnostics believe - but it seems that everyone having their own beliefs and views is a good thing! Thanks for allowing me to join.

RE: Hi! New and quite confused! - Sr.ShiloMichelle - 12-01-2016 02:56 PM

Hi Helen! Yes there are definitely a WIDE variety of beliefs. Some would say that anyone seeing Gnosis (the ultimate knowledge of Union with the Divine , or the ultimate Truth) could be considered Gnostic. And there are others who feel that one needs to subscribe to one of the documented 'Gnostic' schools of thought.
Me myself, my views change a lot depending on my life circumstances it would seem.
How about you?
And WELCOME Smile

RE: Hi! New and quite confused! - David_2009 - 12-04-2016 01:10 PM

Hi Helen, I'm also from the UK, and having differing views and beliefs is definitely in keeping with the Gnostic spirit (that's why there's so many different schools and traditions). Just keep reading and learning about them and make sure it makes sense to you. Some people are more inclined to want to belong established Gnostic churches and traditions or schools with various initiations and hierarchies, others are more independent, others might not seem to any different to "mainstream" Christian beliefs, others may seem more Pagan, others might even be more Jewish, etc.

That's part of what makes Gnosticism an amazing thing to be a part of.

David